Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Connect 4

Mention of Montana reminds me of a short quiz I was going to do. Not sure how many takers I'll get these days n ow that a lot of my regulars have switched to Facebook, but here goes.

BBC television has a quiz show called Only Connect, where teams have to find the connections between sets of clues. It;s a lateral thinking challenge, really. I have listed below four pairs of musical numbers. The two numbers in each pair are connected, and the connection is the same in each case. As with the TV show, the clues get easier as you go on. So: what connects these pairs?

First pair



and



Second pair



and



Third pair



and



Fourth pair



and



So what's the connection in each case, pop-pickers?