Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, November 24, 2013

No hummingbirds here.

I'm up at the Ballater flat this weekend (by myself as Hilary was playing in a concert). Lovely weather, though as I'm not feeling terribly energetic right now (a bit stressed out with work and with trying to organise percussionists for my own orchestra's concert next Saturday) I only had a short walk rather than a big day out. Still, it is winter, and before I drove up on Friday I had to check that the A93 hadn't been closed because of snow. There are gates at each end of the high section which the police close when the road is impassable. The one at the north end has a webcam, which seems to be getting into the spirit of the Doctor Who anniversary by displaying a time twenty-five minutes into the future.

Here is a time-lapse video of the gates one day back in March.

Braemar Snow Gate 2013-03-18 from Alastair Schouten on Vimeo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home