Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, October 28, 2013

25 Answers

I must say I'm a little surprised by how few of my first lines were guessed this time: it's not as though they were especially obscure for the most part. Anyway, here are the solutions. Thanks to all who did submit answers.

1. You worked hard in school, did all the right things

I've Met Jesus, by Hot Leg



2. Hot sun beating down, burning my feet just walking around

I Can't Dance, by Genesis



3. Said Red Molly to James, “That’s a fine motorbike”

1952 Vincent Black Lightning, by Richard Thompson



4. Close the door, light the lights, we’re stayin’ home tonight

A World Of Our Own, by The Seekers



5. You could never know what it’s like

I'm Still Standing
, by Elton John



6. She keeps Moet and Chandon in her pretty cabinet

Killer Queen, by Queen



7. I don’t drink coffee, I take tea my dear

Englishman In New York, by Sting



8. Time goes by so slowly

Hung Up, by Madonna



9. I’m in the phone booth, it’s the one across the hall

Hanging On The Telephone, by Blondie



10. Wouldn’t it be nice to get on with me neighbours?

Lazy Sunday Afternoon, by The Small Faces



11. High vibration go on to the sun

Awaken, by Yes



12. I like beer, and I like cheese

On Horseback, by Mike Oldfield



13. I thought about the feeling of without you

Sad Sing, by Tom Newman



14. You’ve got to be crazy, you’ve got to have a real need

Dogs, by Pink Floyd


Dogs Pink Floyd by chilcanix

15. I should have gone to Cambridge with Lionel

Beleeka Doodle Day, by Al Stewart

(And I had "should" where Al actually sings "could". Somehow I don't think that's what prevented you all from guessing the song.)



16. I think of tears, I think of rain on shingles

Roses Blue, by Joni Mitchell



17. Straight from the shoulder, I think like a soldier

The Minotaur's Song, by The Incredible String Band



18. I’ve seen you riding on the Wall of Death

You're A Hero, by Michael Moorcock and The Deep Fix (begins at 18:26 on this clip)



19. Well I’ve been talking to the weather man, it’s gonna rain on me today

Bar In My Car, by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band



20. The victim was a woman, a woman in her prime

The Case Continues, by Ute Lemper



21. Always alone, never with a herd

Chestnut Mare, by The Byrds



22. Gonna take that medicine, cold cold medicine

Rie's Wagon, by Gomez



23. As the dust settles, see our dreams all coming true

Aspirations, by Gentle Giant



24. Winter’s coming, we live a shorter day

Fire and Wine, by Steve Ashley



25. Take a look at my girlfriend, she’s the only one I got

Breakfast In America, by Supertramp

2 Comments:

At 28 October, 2013 08:32, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I definitely feel I could or should have got another 3-5 (at least the artists if not the songs), but otherwise.... ah, the reaches of prog, they art beyond my small mind....

 
At 29 October, 2013 16:37, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

The name Genesis brings back memories - had them in concert at college back when they wore the black and white makeup -
You put in a lot of work on these, mostly for things I haven't heard about. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home