Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, September 13, 2013

I love the expression "a ten-storey weirdo"

Sometimes things that appear to be highly local humour actually travel pretty well. I can certainly imagine a version of this that would work for, say, Glasgow or Aberdeenshire, and I have no doubt there are parts of Texas and so on that could take the same treatment.

Any fans of the cyclist Mark Cavendish (winner of many TdF stages and former World Champion sprinter) will be familiar with the accent here. Oh and the TT is the annual motorbike race for which the IoM is pretty much shut for half of June.

2 Comments:

At 13 September, 2013 18:34, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

After your trip, glad you didn't view this:
http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2013/9/6/16651/53700/vegas-travel/Venetian%27s+Canals+Go+Dry+%28For+A+Limited+Time%29

 
At 17 September, 2013 01:46, Blogger Rob said...

Well Vanessa would certainly have been disappointed not to have gondolas "upstairs". And so I suspect would Hilary and I at least, though we would have been amused I'm sure by the empty canals (something else you don't get in the boring old Italian version, where they just stay dirty, though less smelly than I'd expected - I suppose the tide keeps things moving around).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home