Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The past is a foreign country: records were black and made of vinyl

I thought of this one when we passed several anthills today when out for a walk near Braemar. And I thought of it in the States, both when we found a minute proto-anthill at the Grand Canyon and when looking at the mighty Hoover Dam.



And I'm just linking this one because I felt like it: I seem to be having a bit of a retro day.



This is one of the very earliest records I can remember on the radio: I would have been two when it came out so maybe three at most when I remember it getting a lot of airplay.



Other music I remember from my early days:



And I loved this one:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home