Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Minstrel of the Dawn

I'm in the process of backing up a load of data from my hard drive, and listening to CDs whie I do it. Right now I'm listening to Gordon Lightfoot's 1970 album If You Could Read My Mind . While at the time the album was noticed because it contained the first recorded version of Kris Kristofferson's Me and Bobby McGee (one of the very few cover versions Lightfoot recorded, but that just shows what a good judge of material he was), the tracks that stand out for me now ar these two: both coincidentally featuring string arrangements by Randy Newman. Astonishing songs both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home