Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Musical interlude

While posting the Kris Kristofferson clip I found this one, which I remember from when Hilary and I saw KK in Edinburgh back in the early 1980s. Rita Coolidge guested with him, and they did this. I loved it then and I love it now.



And while listening to "Me and Bobby McGee" with its story of two drifters, a woman whose restless spirit eventually led the man to lose her, I realised that another of my favourite songs is a kind of English equivalent. It has a similar storyline, and the same sense of loss, regret and wistful love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home