Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Curious Affair of the Dog in the Taxi (or not)

At first I thought this story was probably fake or atl east exaggerated, but seemingly not.

As a campaigner for the rights of disabled people, and especially for increaed availability of the various kinds of assistance dogs (we see several kinds in the college where I work) I am happy to say that it seems likely that the non-compliant drivers will have their asses handed to them in a sack.

Funnily enough I was in Aberdeen today, though not in a taxi. I had my first encounter with a car park where you don't have to take a ticket on entry, nor do you have to stick one in your windscreen. When you're done, you go to the machine, key in your car registration number (or key in the time you parked and select your car from a photo gallery) and the machine, fed by number-plate recognition software, does the rest. Pretty cool idea. (I was at the cinema seeing Behind The Candelabra: fantastic performance from Michael Douglas as Liberace, but ineligible for an Oscar because the film didn't have a theatrical release in the USA. Oh, and Rob Lowe's hairstyle is something else.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home