Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Forbidden Fruits

Having just discovered Forbidden Broadway, I've been enjoying plundering Youtube for more of its splendid parodies. Here's another Les Mis one:



Or how about Fiddler On The Roof?



And also this (not a video, but the accompanying slideshow is rather fun)



This is simply marvellous:



And this made me laugh a lot too (not a live performance but using video footage of the original show):



Leaving the best for last here. I love this, despite (or perhaps because) the original is one of my all-time favourites. I didn't like Song and Dance nearly as much as the original (shorter) TV version which was called Tell Me On A Sunday and was a Marti Webb solo show lasting about 45 minutes. Marti Webb once said she liked this song better than the big hit Take That Look Off Your Face, and so do I. This parody works perfectly even if (like me) you have never heard of Bernadette Peters: you're about to find out one big important thing about her.....

1 Comments:

At 21 June, 2013 17:30, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Good ones

 

Post a Comment

<< Home