Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Dressed to Impress

I feel like doing a themed music selection. How about items of clothing?

Little Blue Number (Richard Thompson)



Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini (Brian Hyland)



Little Black Dress (Shock Treatment soundtrack, by Richard O'Brien)



Ah, memories of my childhood: Oh Soldier, Soldier, Won't You Marry Me by Diana Trask



This Pullover (Jess Conrad) - as featured in Kenny Everett's World's Worst Record Show



A famous song about someone who prefers other people's clothes



I was trying to find a clip of Satin and Silk from the Silk Stockings soundtrack, but no luck. So here instaed is Fred Astaire with Top Hat



And finally, moving from top to toe, so to speak, we have Patrick Macnee and Honor Blackman (from The Avengers TV series) doing Kinky Boots, a promo spin-off



American readers will know Honor Blackman better as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger but over here she was already a star by then.

3 Comments:

At 09 May, 2013 21:02, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I always like your music lists - thanks again for another good one. I don't think Honor was every seen in the US in the Avengers, I always remember Mrs. Peel (followed by a cousin or someone for a year).
Kinky Boots was a movie - did it ever make it as a follow on to the Avengers?

 
At 09 May, 2013 21:57, Blogger Rob said...

Diana Rigg as Emma Peel was succeeded by Linda Thorson as Tara King. And while it's scary that I can just remember that, in my defence I was a teenage boy at the time.....

 
At 11 May, 2013 01:21, Blogger Rob said...

I think this is the sort of thing that made Ms Thorson stick in my 14-year-old mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home