Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I think this guy has just accused the God of the Christians of being a self-hating deity: a God In Name Only, perhaps?

In case anyone thought I was picking especially on English Nazis for ridicule in my recent post, here is an amazing video of American Christian extremists (I suppose we ought to call them "Christianists") disrupting the Dearborn Arab-American festival. The sight of supposed Christians howling that everyone but them is going to burn in hell is hardly a surprise, nor are the Islamophobic slogans: and one gets used to hearing these people accuse every passing woman of being a "hoe" (they all loathe women). But even I was taken aback by the guy who described the crucifixion as the wrath of God being visited upon Jesus.

2 Comments:

At 28 February, 2013 18:29, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yes, I find American Christians to usually be anything but christian. No love of fellow man, no forgiving of sins (except theirs) and only they know the 'true' way and meaning of god's word and thought.

 
At 01 March, 2013 04:00, Blogger Rob said...

I like to think that it's only the "Christianist" minority that's like that. I mean, you don't see Amish guys on TV spouting hate, and I don't suppose (for example) most of America's Episcopalians would find much common ground either with these guys or with the televangelists.

In my experience, the ones who proclaim their Christianity the loudest are the ones who practise it the least, a trait they seem to share with their Jewish and Muslim counterparts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home