Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, February 03, 2013

For a' that, an' a' that, It's comin yet for a' that That man to man, the world o'er, Shall brithers be for a' that.

Back on 25th January, as I hauled my weary ass out of bed for the last day of my first week teaching (I'm not by nature a morning person, and I get a lift to work with my wife who likes to be in her office by 0800) I heard a report on the radio about a Burns Supper being organised by some women's group in Sighthill in Glasgow. Burns suppers normally feature haggis with neeps and tatties (mashed swede and mashed potatoes), but this one was celebrating the many varieties of haggis (or equivalent) from the various cultures represnted by the women: North Africa, Eastern Europe and so on. I can;t find a report online on it, but it sounded fun.

I found this, though, which told me something I didn't know. After which, this seems the appropriate fare.

The Scots: multicultural as fuck, and loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home