Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, February 04, 2013

Above and Beyoncé

I'm not an American football fan, so I didn't watch the Superbowl last night. (Actually, the fact that I don't get any channels that were showing it was another factor in my decision.) But after reading this article I thought I really should watch Beyoncé’s half-time show at least.

I wasn't disappointed. Certainly her routine was about sex as well as power, but it was very definitely about power: and not Girl Power but Woman Power. OK, the review was a bit over the top, but not much: I thought it was the best half-time show since the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest in Dublin. That one launched Michael Flatley and Riverdance onto an unsuspecting world.

Here's a link to Beyoncé’s show.

And here's a link to the birth of Riverdance.



I think Beyoncé can hold her head (and other parts) high even in that distinguished company.

1 Comments:

At 05 February, 2013 20:16, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I didn't realize it was so recent - (oh, well, 19 years, guess it was a bit ago)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home