Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, February 15, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - The Sequel: Day 21

Day 21 - a song by a band or artist that has never achieved the level of fame they deserve.

How different history might have been if the BBC hadn't taken one look at the title of this song, assumed the song was about drugs, and banned it. read all about it here.



When I was at school, and later as a student, I played in the Middlewood Swamp Band, a sort of jug band featuring me, my brother, Joe Beard (of Bowyer/Beard in the Purple Gang credits) and a floating roster of other people from our local folk club. The first piece I ever learned with them was this one, from that same Purple Gang album:



By the end of which I knew what a Dorian mode was.....

1 Comments:

At 15 February, 2013 20:22, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Never heard of them, but I kind of like those guys. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home