Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, January 07, 2013

This sort of thing gets harder as the collection gets bigger

Have you ever had one of those annoying moments (or hours...) when you have a snatch of tune going round iin your head but you just can't remember what it comes from? I spent about an hour this evening tapping my foot to the imaginary strains of this, which I was convinced at first was by some unlikely band like Status Quo: I knew it was an instrumental by a band who didn't normally do instrumentals. After trying all my Quo albums (sadly, yes, more than one) I gave up and started going through all my CDs for inspiration. Of course I started at the Z end (closest to my normal chair) so it took a while to reach D. Still, we made it. My CD is a collection of Darkness B sides: this live version is even better (featuring Brian May, no less!) OK, there's not much to the number but a riff, but it's a good riff, and I can confirm that it sticks in the head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home