Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - The Sequel: Day 05

Day 05- your favorite song for driving round town with the top down

Except for Chloe, our late and lamented Citroen 2CV, I've never owned a car whose top would go down, but if I did, and if Edinburgh's climate was being kind, I imagine I might play this. If you're going to do a cover version of a classic, getting the originators to provide backing vocals (and to write you a new extra verse) is an exceptionally cool way to go about it. Two bands I love singing the perfect song for Day 05.


Of course, there was also a memorable occasion about twenty-five years back (I can date it because it must have been a car with a cassette tape player) when I was driving around Edinburgh in the middle of summer, not with the top down but with the windows wide open as it was very hot. I was playing this classic track - and I can still remember the WTF? looks I got from passers-by. Awesome. I'm sure it would still have an identical effect.

3 Comments:

At 30 January, 2013 20:50, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I had a convertible (MGB) when living in California, and yes, I would put the top down and play that song loudly.

 
At 30 January, 2013 20:51, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

But who were those old guys standing in a row in back and trying to sing along?

 
At 30 January, 2013 23:28, Blogger Rob said...

(:-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home