Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, January 26, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - The Sequel: Day 01

The folks who brought us the 30 Day Song Challenge a few years ago (I did it on Facebook but never got round to copying it over to EKN) have launched a follow-up, imaginatively named 30 Day Song Challenge - The Sequel. So without more ado, here is Day 01.

Day 01 – a song you like from a band you don't like

Took me a while to think of a band I really didn't like but in whose output I could find something worthwhile (so not U2 then....). I don't like Bruce Springsteen. However, I like this number inordinately. Isn't life strange? Perhaps it's because he actually bothers to sing rather than shouting. I mean, I love Dancing In The Dark as a song, but I think Bruce utterly ruins it by turning it into a shouty anthem for drunken pogoing. This one, he doesn't ruin, which fills me with even more contempt, because he can sing sensitively: he just doesn't usually make the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home