Britain's own Nazis, the "British Freedom Party", have on their website a twenty-point plan
for the nation under its benign rule. Obviously they are under the impression that there are people who are likely to vote for them who can count up to twenty, even if it means taking off their shoes to do so. Here it is:
1. Introduce a US style First Amendment guaranteeing Free Speech.
2. Leave the profoundly undemocratic European Union.
3. Abolish the Human Rights Act, which benefits only foreign criminals/ terrorists.
4. Halt any further immigration for a period of five years.
5. Deport foreign criminals, seditious dual nationality Islamists and illegal immigrants.
6. Abolish all multicultural and equality quangos.
7. Halt and turn back all aspects of the Islamisation of Britain, including Sharia finance.
8. Drastically reduce crime – criminals should fear the consequences of their behaviour.
9. Repair the damage wreaked by the progressive educational establishment.
10. Promote British values and assimilation, rather than multiculturalism and division.
11. Rebuild Britain’s Armed Forces to 1980 levels.
12. Diminish the public sector and government interference in the private sector.
13. Withdraw troops from all areas where we are not directly threatened.
14. Cancel foreign aid to countries which do not deserve or need it.
15. End welfare payments to immigrants; they must pay for their housing and children.
16. Ensure no elderly person lives in fear, and can afford both heat and food in the winter.
17. Abolish destructive Political Correctness, promote Common Sense.
18. Promote morality, marriage, the family, the community and the nation state.
19. Allow pubs the freedom of operating as smoking or non-smoking establishments.
20. Live by Christianity’s Golden Rule: “Do unto others as thou wouldst be done by.”
A few observations.
#1 - I have no objection to a "U.S. style First Amendment", but that's rather putting the cart before the horse as we don't have a "U.S. style Constitution". Indeed, I was always brought up to believe that the British were very proud that we had never needed a written constitution like these foreign Johnnies (American and French and whatnot). Produce a written constitution if you like, but please don't pretend that you're preserving traditional British values by doing so: you will in fact be forcing alien "political correctness" onto the British people.
#8 - I'm all for drastically reducing crime, but a political plan needs to set out how you intend to do it, not just what the end result will be. Will the BFP reduce crime by making fewer things criminal? By employing more police? By introducing punishments such as stoning and amputation? They might all have that end result, but they're rather different policies. But why am I asking the BFP this? They won't have a clue: to them it's just an empty slogan.
#9 - I agree that the damage which causes the BFP to believe that the past tense of wreak is "wreaked" needs to be addressed. If these people can't even write in what they claim to be their own language why should anyone listen to their views on education (or anything else)?
*** It has been pointed out to me that I'm wrong on this one, and indeed I am
"It has become common to use wrought
, the original past tense and participle for work
, as the past tense and past participle for wreak
, as in wrought havoc
(i.e. worked havoc for wreaked havoc), due both to the fact that the weak form worked
has edged out wrought
from its former role almost entirely (except as an adjective referring usually to hand-worked metal goods), and via confusion from the wr
- beginning both wreak
, and probably by analogy with seek
So not wrong then: but as in so much, not up-to-date with current practice either.***
#16 - Another nice slogan with no suggestion of how the BFP would achieve this. Nationalisation of all food and fuel production and distribution? Forced labour? Give us a clue.
#20 - Normally rendered in modern English as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", and an excellent idea. However, neither "modern" nor "English" are concepts which concern the BFP's leadership, stuck in their illiterate medieval mindset. Nor do the remaining points appear to bear much resemblance to Christianity's Golden Rule. Indeed, every single one is a strong reason to make sure these clowns never come close to election anywhere, or even to getting enough support to be on the ballot in the first place.
As a famous person recently said, in any war between the civilised man and the savage, support the civilised man. Kick out the Unbritish Slavery Party now.