Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Thursday, December 06, 2012

No doubt the loons will still declare it shocking when it doesn't happen.

While I too am looking forward to Tulsi Gabbard's (HI - D) becoming the first Hindu in Congress, I have to pick the Huffington Post up on this article. members of Congress do not swear their oath on a book, be it Bible., Qu'ran, Torah or Bhagavad Gita. They simply raise their right hands and swear. See here.

All those pictures of Keith Ellison with his hand on a Qu'ran? From the post-oath photo-opps. There will no doubt be plenty of those for Congresswoman Gabbard. Though I wonder how long it will be before we start to get jokes about how Hindus know all about congress, illustrated by pictures of the friezes at Khajuraho?
















Oh wait, I just did that...

I doubt they'll use this one, though, which I bought on a postcard at the temple shop and sent to one of my (male) work colleagues whose sense of humour is rather like my own, with "I saw this and I thought of you" written on the back. I like best the oh-for-fucks's-sake (so to speak) expression of the woman in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home