Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Taking the Piss

I've been wishing for years that the BBC would release Clochemerle on DVD. It was one of the crowning glories of their output in the early 1970s, with a cast clearly designed by God.

Well, for whatever reason, they still haven't, but I've managed to buy a two-disk set on eBay. Described as being VHS quality, I suspect it's this one which I tried to buy direct from the site a while back but couldn't get the transaction to work. Anyway, with that and The Barchester Chronicles which I've just bought, I have a feast of British acting talent in brilliantly scripted comedy to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home