Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Maybe not

Following on from the news that Newmarket sausages have been granted protected status by the EU (like Parma Ham, Stilton cheese and Chambéry vermouth), my daughter reappeared from a visit to our Ballater flat with a new product (well, new for us) from the butcher whose shop backs onto it. The ones she brought were Pork and Irn-Bru sausages, which personally I think sound disgusting. (As she's a vegetarian I assume her boyfriend will be eating them.)

I mentioned somewhat sarcastically that if they were going to put iconic national beverages into sausages they should do a Beef'n'Bucky sausage. As it turns out, neither of us has ever tried Bucky: Vanessa said she was put off it when a school friend who trained as a midwife reckoned that it tastes the way placentas smell. Well, of course, as placenta consumption is becoming more fashionable, I immediately started thinking of new combinations. Placenta and Pepsi sausages? Placenta and Glenfiddich sausages (Womb'n'whisky)?

And now of course it occurs to me that you could have a venison and Buckfast sausage and call it Buck'n'Bucky (or This Buck Wasn't Fast Enough").

I'll stick to more traditional fare, I think.

4 Comments:

At 25 March, 2013 15:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I get Firefox 3 to stop logging me out everytime
I close the browser?

My blog - www25.tok2.com

 
At 28 March, 2013 01:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person's blog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

my page careington 500 dental Plan

 
At 28 March, 2013 10:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and
I am impressed! Extremely useful information specially the last part
:) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long
time. Thank you and best of luck.

My web site; http://www.tropicanalodge.net/oral-health/

 
At 18 April, 2013 09:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that
might be able to fix this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share.

With thanks!

My site Costs Of Dental Implants

 

Post a Comment

<< Home