Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, October 12, 2012

From the Green River to the Mississippi

Mention of the Green River in John Prine's Paradise in the last post reminded me of this wonderful song from the Everly Brothers' under-rated and overlooked album Stories We Could Tell.



Oh all right then, here are a couple more great tracks from the album.



This actually is extraordinary. It's a cover by a tribute band (The Cleverly Brothers) but when I first heard it I was convinced it was ths orignal album track. I only convinced myself otherwise by playing the Youtube clip and my CD a few seconds at a time one after the other: the guitar fills are different, but precious little else. I used to think Bjorn Again (the Abba tribute act) were the most lifelike I'd heard, but I think these guys take the prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home