Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, October 12, 2012

Cycles of Being and Becoming

About a week ago I started to read this review of Looper, knowing it contained spoilers but not (at that point) knowing anything about the film beyond its poster. However, I stopped after four paragraphs plus a spoiler alert, because Aric's comments (and my trust in his judgement) made me decide to see it.

Tonight saw it, and I agree with Aric: it's a very good, very interesting and very thought-provoking film. Yup, Bruce Willis with an Uzi in each hand. Yup, lots of blood (though I didn't find the torture scene at all disturbing on a scale from one to Michael Madsen hacking off a cop's ear). And yay, one of my my and Hilary's favourite pop songs used in a (mild) sex scene. (Nice to know they still play Richard and Linda Thompson in 2044.)

Do see it for yourselves, even if you have already found out how it ends.

1 Comments:

At 16 October, 2012 13:40, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

We saw it, I liked, Bobbie thought it was an overused story line, go back in time to kill somebody and change the world. She thought Arnie did it better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home