Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Percy's Song(s)

A tiring weekend ahead.

It's that time of year once again when Edinburgh Players Opera Group puts on a concert performance open rehearsal of a Wagner music drama, with professional singers and an amateur orchestra, including me. (It's included me for eleven years so far, and this year's Parsifal will make it twelve).

I blogged at some length about last year's Götterdämmerung, and six years ago (gosh, is it really six years?) I did what I still think is quite a witty piece on our Parsifal. No doubt this year's outing will have its ups and downs, but at least this time I don't have to shift instruments. After last year's rather poor showing in the violins it will be interestimg to see how many we've managed to attract this time. I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home