Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Meetings With Remarkable Songs

Just now I was trying to remember which of my (many) Al Stewart records contained the line about "I order chicken and a chilled Chablis", so I Googled it and found this wonderfully cheesy video.



Here's a song more typical of Al these days (or any days, really).



And while this one has no video, it's still my favourite of all his songs. I saw him do it in Newcastle when the album of the same title first came out, and it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.



And - hail Serendip! - while Googling to try to find anything substantial by way of back story for that song (wholly imagined? based on a real encounter? I seem to remember Al saying when i saw him in Newcastle that it was based on fact) I found this fascinating set of articles which I shall peruse at my leisure. Al Stewart AND Gurdjieff: my cup runneth over.

1 Comments:

At 19 September, 2012 14:52, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I love the psychedelic effects in the videos from the 80's. Groovy man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home