Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Aspects of 9/11

Today is September 11th, and when not peering through my fingers at the scoreline from the US Open final I am minded to post something on the little local difficulty New Yorkers experienced eleven years ago. I'm not sure I can improve much on what I wrote two years ago, so here's the link.

But this time I will include Ken Loach's segment from the film 11'9"01, which showcases the responses of a number of eminent film directors to the events of September 11th 2001 (using 11 minutes, 9 seconds and one frame in each case). If this shocks you, good.



And from the same film, here is Sean Penn's segment, showing that even out of great evil there can come beauty and goodness.



Oh, and in Britain we now have another reason to remember September 11th:

Murray 7-6 (12-10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2 Djokovic

And they're playing the Chariots of Fire theme for the trophy ceremony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home