Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, August 26, 2012

One of a kind

I'm currently reading a biography of Sandy Denny (No More Sad Refrains, by Clinton Heylin), so have had her music on my mind. The first record of hers I got, as a teenager, was an LP she made which alternated tracks of her and of Johnny Silvo. I don't still have it, but the track that I remember best is this one:



Not sure who the uncredited second guitar is, but it could well be Al Stewart.

This song, according to the book, is one of the few she actually learned from her Scottish grandmother:



And here's my favourite of all her solo tracks:



Here is a lovely cover of a Buddy Holly song (which I DO still have on vinyl).



And another from the same album:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home