Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Citius, Fortius, Fucking Hell....

My wife drew my attention to the gold medal-winning gymnastic routine on the men's high bar. And I thought, OK, I always enjoy watching the gymnastics (after all, I linked the Beth Tweddle clip a few posts ago). This, however, turned out to be something else: one of those watch-with-your-jaw-in-your-lap moments such as Nadia Comaneci used to provide on the beam, or Torvill and Dean in the ice rink. Epke Zonderland of the Netherlands had his routine rated with a high degree of difficulty, mainly because of a bit in the middle with three consecutive releases. that may sound tame, but just watch it. If you have access to network TV replay such as BBC iPlayer you'll be able to see it with better camera angles than on this amateur video, which does however show everything you need. I've watched it a dozen times now and my jaw still drops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home