Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A little local excitement

The news in the UK is full of the Legionnaires' disease outbreak in Edinburgh. If you click on the map link in that story, we live about a mile to the south-east of the marker for the Gorgie outbreak: little comfort when the NHS is apparently declaring an at-risk zone 44 miles across (that's where they tell people to be careful). On Monday I went for a swim at a pool quite a bit closer to Gorgie, so I shall be on flu symptom watch for a bit (my A1AD puts me squarely in an at-risk group). One way and another I've had my fill of exotic maladies over the last couple of years.....

I've just realised that the CD I put on a few minutes ago while blogging kicks off with "Fever". How appropriate....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home