Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, June 08, 2012

Two videos I never tire of watching

I was looking back through the EKN archives and found this video, which I very much enjoy on all kinds of level: Macca celebrating his rock and roll roots, a great arrangement, and fabulous dance moves in the video making it all a celebration of multicultural Britain. I'm all for variety.



For various reasons which should become clear, the dancing video reminded me that Persephone of Post-It Notes From Hades posted a great video recently, which I instantly pinched and stuck on my Facebook wall but never got round to linking here. (In the intervening period the Youtube version Persephone used - and which I used on FB - has been blocked, but it's still on Vimeo.)  It shows an amazing marriage proposal by Isaac Lamb, a guy in Portland, Oregon. Now proposals can be romantic, they can be soppy, and sometimes they can be truly awe-inspiring, like this one. Or perhaps I mean awesome and inspiring.

The song is "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. And "dancing juice" is apparently what they call alcohol in Portland, Oregon. Sit back and marvel.



It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go,
No one will know,
Oh, come on, girl.

Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow,
Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

I'll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like oooh,
So what you wanna do?
Let's just run girl.

If we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool.
No, I won't blame you;
It was fun, girl.

Just say I do
Tell me right now, baby
Tell me right now, baby

Just say I do
Tell me right now, baby
Tell me right now, baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home