Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Grim Poodle Basher

Train of thought time.....

I'd been posting a Bollywood dance clip on Facebook, and was thinking about playback singers such as Lata Mangeshkar.....

then thinking about Asha Bhosle...

then found myself humming "Brimful of Asha on the forty-five"...

called up the video.....



Then found this rather good article explaining the song. Most of the explanation i already knew, though actually I hadn't realised that Lata and Asha were sisters. (I did know, however, that its Bhosle not Bhonsle!)

As for the references that escaped the writer, British readers wont have much trouble with the Bolan boogies. Jacques Dutronc,, OTOH, is French, and Ferguson mono is the kind of record player folk had back in the sixties (I had an elderly Dansette major mono in the seventies as a student: it was solid enough that I could use it as a seat when it wasn't playing!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home