Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, June 29, 2012

Easily overlooked

Like most folk, I first heard of Carole Bayer Sager when she had a hit with this song. I thought the lyrics were amazing:



Then, some years later, I began to notice her name on songwriting credits for other songs I liked, like this one, and this one which I'd known and loved in my youth (and which she wrote as a student):



Then there was this:



This:



This one got her an Oscar:



I've always been especially fond of this one:



And finally, The Prayer. Best known in its Celine Dion/Andrea Bocelli version, but I prefer this one.

A truly amazing talent, and still under-rated. I'd forgotten The Prayer was one of hers until the credit came up at the beginning of that clip: hence this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home