Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, June 15, 2012

Answer Answer

No, not a a post about Greylag Geese, though I couldn't resist the pun.

Before I publish the answer to my "Only Connect" question, this is just a shout-out to Phil to say that as he reckons he has an answer, it would be satisfying all round if he posted it before I let the cat out of the bag, which I intend to do shortly.

Incidentally, when I clicked on Phil's name in one of his comments it took me to his old blog Actually Existing, and specifically to a post expressing surprise at the number of visitors it receives a month after it closed down. I think I may just have solved that conundrum.

HERE IS THE ANSWER:

The quiz consisted of four cryptic clues pointing to song titles: you had to find the link (and ideally the song titles themselves too).

The link, as Phil divined, is Hits by The Hollies.

1) Salicional, Vox Humana, Diapason

STOP, STOP, STOP

2) Which half of this bikini is which?

I CAN'T TELL THE BOTTOM FROM THE TOP

3) Schoolgirl could be famous conductor, we hear

CARRIE ANNE

4) 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, 1% other gases

THE AIR THAT I BREATHE

Apologies for the pun (Karajan = Carrie Anne!) in number 3. Hope you enjoyed it. I may do some more as inspiration strikes.

2 Comments:

At 15 June, 2012 21:05, Blogger Phil said...

That would be the Hollies.

The link to the old blog is annoying, but I'm not sure I can do anything about it - I'm signed in with my Google account, which is by extension by Blogger account, which shows my Blogger profile, which doesn't show Wordpress blogs.

 
At 15 June, 2012 22:42, Blogger Rob said...

Yes indeed, well done: full solution to be edited into the post in a mo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home