Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seven Little Girls and One Little Bikini



You may have noticed that Lee Pockriss died this week. He was responsible for the tune of Itsy-Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini. (Incidentally, the story behind the lyrics of that song is amusing: see here.) Neil Diamond's first time in a recording studio was when he was hauled in to sing backing vocals on it.

But Pockriss also write the tunes for other big hits. One of the first songs I remember from my youth is Perry Como's Catch A Falling Star: another of Pockriss's tunes. But surely the ear-wormiest of them all is this gem. When I posted it on Facebook recently I had a load of comments from friends (not all of them as old as me...) who remembered it fondly.



R.I.P. Lee Pockriss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home