Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, November 14, 2011

Making a splash

I'm not sure whether it's because we saw one of the world's biggest cruise liners steaming past our hotel window when we were in Valletta last year, or whether it's that one of my former work colleagues (next to whom I was sitting in a restaurant just over a week ago) is becoming a habitual cruise voyager in her retirement. For whatever reason, I found this Guardian article (which I read earlier this evening)very disturbing, not to say horrifying.

Read it. If you find the cavalier attitude of cruise operators to the fate of their staff and passengers appalling, take a look at this website to get involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home