Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, November 18, 2011

As my employers would say: for the Journey

I recently bought One Night Stand by Therapy (on good solid 1970s vinyl). Listening to it for the first time in a few decades, I was struck by a song I remembered but couldn't for the life of me identify. It turned out to be a cover of Duncan Browne's Journey. Which raises the question, why did Duncan Browne never cross my radar before?

Here is the original, which starts well but gets rather over-produced by Mickie Most later on. I think I shall be seeking out some more Duncan Browne, though. A singer-songwriter even more neglected than Jackson C Frank? How can I resist?

1 Comments:

At 18 November, 2011 07:51, Blogger Phil said...

I'm afraid if you missed "Journey" at the time, you'd pretty much missed Duncan Browne, at least as far as the radio and TV were concerned.

I loved that single, although for some reason I didn't actually buy it - one of those times when, as a kid, you really feel somebody's talking your language. Still do, if I'm honest. "Come up and see the world, it's like a ship going down" - !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home