Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Well I looked at my watch, I looked at my wrist....

....and realised how many times we look at our watches ever day without being aware of it. yesterday, at 07:25, my wristwatch decided that it had run out of electricity and would like some more. I figured if it had to go in to have a new battery (and the only place in Edinburgh that does that while you wait is really inconveniently located) I might as well take the opportunity to get a new glass put in as well. I wear my watch on the inside of my wrist, a habit I acquired as a student. Partly, if I'm honest, as one of those posy things students do, and partly because at the time I played guitar and sang quite a lot (mostly not to paying audiences) and having the watch that way round meant I could look at it without having to stop. The drawback is that in these keyboard-laden days the glass tends to get scratched on desktops. Mine had reached the stage where I could still read the time but no longer bothered to adjust the date for 30-day months as I couldn't read it anyway.

Anyway, yes, spending much time looking at my wrist. Fortunately the trusty iPhone tells me the time. Or, as now, the trusty Windows sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home