Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sie sind siebzehn Berliner

While I'm posting music clips, here's one I put up on Facebook recently by a Berlin band called 17 Hippies. I was drawn to this album (Phantom Songs) by the thought of a band described on Wikipedia as "mostly folk-influenced" doing a cover of the Captain Beefheart classic Gimme Dat Harp Boy. And I was clearly right to be so attracted. Just listen to the instrumentation, for Pete's sake: strings, flute, French horn, bass clarinet.....these guys ain't no ordinary folk group.



Here's another track from the same album. Well worth getting.

6 Comments:

At 15 January, 2013 07:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is
rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.
Here is my website ; A total noob

 
At 22 February, 2013 11:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really inspired along with your writing talents as smartly as with the layout in your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a
nice weblog like this one these days..

Stop by my web blog; this guy

 
At 07 April, 2013 09:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and
wished to mention that I've truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing on
your feed and I'm hoping you write again very soon!

My page - Buy a Bungalow

 
At 10 May, 2013 09:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest
you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this
article. I want to read even more things about it!


my web blog - a replacement

 
At 11 June, 2013 12:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the time i used to read smaller posts which also
clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading here.


My blog post; Redirected Here

 
At 28 November, 2014 21:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarettes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home