Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sharia Contains Nuts

It was my birthday last Wednesday, and though Vanessa was away (she's just come through the door as I type, having returned from Mallorca for a job interview) the rest of us (me, Hilary, Ruairidh and Hilary's mother) had a delightful evening at Hanam's Kurdish and Middle Eastern restaurant. Recommended for food, atmosphere and good value. While they don't serve alcohol, they happily bring you a corkscrew and glasses free of charge if you bring in a bottle. We took a bottle of Rioja which my employers had recently given me as part of a thank-you present for my work on a particular project.

I had the Baly Merishke followed by the Qozy Lamb, finishing up with Sharia and a cappucino. Hilary had Baba Ghanoush, Merishke Kebab, Mahalbi and a cappucino. All great. We will definitely be back, probably with Vanessa in tow as there are plenty of veggie options.

As a further selling-point for Hanam's, eating there guarantees that you won't be sharing a restaurant with racist imbeciles like those at BareNakedIslam (here is BNI her/itself on Muslims (more accurately, those she thinks look like Muslims) in restaurants).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home