Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Modified Rapture

Well, it didn't happen. Jesus didn't Hoover up all the Christian fundies leaving a more rational, kinder Earth behind. Still, the rapture-that-wasn't provided a number of good jokes, of which this one (taken from the Facebook page of Jonathan Schwartz) is my favourite.



And now I will have to dig out my copy of When Prophecy Fails and re-read it.

4 Comments:

At 22 May, 2011 14:48, Blogger Persephone said...

Well, I'm still here. I didn't think they'd take a Unitarian theist, but I did wonder about my husband and younger daughter, both practising Anglicans. Turns out Jesus didn't want them either. Sigh. I trust you saw this?

 
At 23 May, 2011 02:39, Blogger Rob said...

Indeed I did. One has to admire their entrepreneurial spirit (aka "take the fundies for every penny the fools haven't given away yet").

 
At 23 May, 2011 02:42, Blogger Rob said...

Anyway, Anglicans are practically Catholics, so obviously unrapturable. (I'm nominally Anglican, but in practice much closer to Unitarian: but then my student days practising ritual magic probably didn't do much for my chances.......)

 
At 07 July, 2017 01:32, Blogger qqq said...

ralph lauren outlet
moncler coats
rolex replica watches for sale
air max 90
coach outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
longchamp bags
adidas superstars
michael kors outlet clearance
coach factory outlet online
170707yueqin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home