Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, April 04, 2011

Sometimes you just can't win

I was chatting to a work colleague on Friday who had been down to London with a contingent of trade unionists for the protest march against the cuts. He's partially sighted and has a German Shepherd guide dog, and apparently one of the other marchers accused him - in all seriousness - of being an undercover policeman because of the dog. To which my response would be, what part of "undercover" didn't you understand?


I gather my friend's response was less polite......


I am reminded of the Bonzo Dog Band's "Rhinocratic Oaths":




With a geranium behind each ear and his face painted with gay cabalistic symbols, six foot eight seventeen stone police sergeant Geoff Bull looked jolly convincing as he sweated and grunted through a vigorous twist routine at the Frug-a-Gogo Bierkeller. His hot serge trousers flapped wildly over his enormous plastic sandals as he jumped and jumped and gyrated towards a long-haired man.


"Uh, excuse me, man, I have reason to believe you can turn me on" he leered suggestively.


As if by magic dozens of truncheons appeared and mercilessly thrashed him. Poor Geoff, what a turnup for the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home