Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A fake Muslim "atrocity" - but where has it come from?

And now a story which isn't a spoof but a deliberate lie. Indeed, it wouldn't be overstating the case to call it a blood libel. While I found it first on the Bare Naked Islam white supremacist site, it clearly didn't originate there: BNI provide a link to Le Figaro which however goes to a completely different story, and their text is credited to someone called Paulo.

Just their luck that (a) I hate broken or misdirecting links (b) though I say it myself, I wield a mean Google search argument (c) my French is good enough that I'm not frightened of either search terms or results in French.

Because when I went looking for this story, EVERY hit was for the same (English) text, credited "H/T Paulo", with the story supposedly sourced from Le Figaro. When I searched Le Figaro's own site, using either their own internal search or a site-specific Google search, I drew a total blank. I tried searching for each of the proper names in the article. The last entry in Le Figaro relating to Lampedusa is a refugee boat bound there which sank on 5 April (though that report was unrelated to Paulo's story).

It would seem that "Paulo" is trying to foist a latter-day Protocols on us all. But who or what is "Paulo"? And what (at the risk of sounding like a method actor) is his motivation?

Alternatively, can any reader come up with a reputable (non-blogger) source for the story of Muslim refugees deliberately throwing women overboard, in either English or French?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home