Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Monday, December 20, 2010

Even Uncle Jimmy sometimes gets it right

Not on politics of course. (Well, duh.) But he was recently complimentary about my taste in jazz greats (I'd posted a clip of the Dave Brubeck Quartet). Now he's done a post about how little he likes modern humour, especally the satirical kind. I sort of agree: while I enjoy some current satire (Have I Got News For You, and especially The News Quiz on the radio) it's rather patchy. But probably even in the heyday of That Was The Week That Was it had ups and downs.

No, the thing that I am grateful to Jimmy for is his posting of this clip. As a fan of variety shows I love this kind of stuff.



Groswold seems to have had an interesting life, not least as co-inventor of the trampoline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home