Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hats off, gentlemen....

And I can't post Mozart opera clips without giving you my utter favourite. I may have posted it before: what the hell. It comes from The Magic Flute, and is a duet ("Papagena, Papageno") that in almost every case is insufferably twee. Indeed, fond though I have always been of Flute (it was the very first opera I saw live) I had always rather cringed when this number came round (not far from the end). It took Ingmar Bergman, no less, to prove me wrong on that one. Here is his take on the duet, from his wonderful film version (in Swedish!) of The Magic Flute.



See?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home