Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, August 29, 2010

More Wingnuttery from Conservapedia

The Conservapedia entry for Liberal Denial (I read it to find out what on earth it was referring to) is priceless. Take #8:

Liberals deny they are liberal, and that most of the media are liberal.

If by "liberal" we understand "opposed in every way to the attitudes expressed in Conservapedia", then darn tootin' I'm a liberal. So #8 is instantly falsified.

Then there's #3:

Liberals deny how they censor the Bible from their daily activities, and encourage the censorship for others too

I don't deny censoring the Bible from my daily activities: indeed I am hard-pressed to find any daily activity in which I would find the Bible of any utility. There's too much print on the pages for them to be of much use for shopping lists, and while undoubtedly I could use the Bible to squash wasps I generally go for a magazine. Not being a pre-industrial carpenter, I rarely find myself staring at a piece of wood and thinking "What would Jesus do?" In most parts of my daily life, the answer to that question would be "Stand there looking stupid while the workings of the most basic modern technology were explained to him".

But seriously (if one can take any of this junk seriously) there are wonders in here such as:

(Liberals deny) that state run health care has lead to Islamic terrorism in Britain, and would do so in the US.

(Liberals deny) that successful democracy, both historically and logically, is the result of Protestant Christianity.

(Liberals deny) that heavy metal music is generally anti-Christian and promotes themes such as drugs, sex and Satan worship.

(Liberals deny) that the intellectual justification for Hitler's attempt to build a master Aryan race was the theory of evolution.

And finally....

(Liberals deny) that they make sweeping generalizations about Conservatives.

Whereas Conservatives proudly trumpet their own sweeping generalizations about Liberals.

8 Comments:

At 25 November, 2012 00:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time
a comment is added I get three emails with the same
comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

Bless you!
My page - watch nfl online

 
At 08 December, 2012 13:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Dear, are you really visiting this web site regularly, if so after that you will without doubt take nice knowledge.
Stop by my page ... samson tobacco

 
At 08 December, 2012 21:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the layout of your site?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to
say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or
2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?
Here is my site - amber leaf

 
At 14 December, 2012 07:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been browsing on-line more than 3 hours these days, but I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It's pretty price enough for me.
In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made
excellent content material as you probably did, the web might be a lot more helpful than ever before.
My blog - samson review

 
At 14 December, 2012 23:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome article.
Take a look at my web page ... erinmore tobacco

 
At 21 March, 2013 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer something again and help others like you aided me.

Visit my web page ... vipshoppingalert.com

 
At 21 July, 2015 09:32, Blogger 750unique said...

2015-07-21song
cheap soccer jerseys
pandora charms
kate spade bags
cheap jordans free shipping
ray ban sunglasses
cheap jordans uk
hollister outlet
polo ralph lauren uk
michael kors handbags
ray ban outlet
coach outlet
longchamp pliage
chanel handbags
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ralph lauren pas cher
michael kors handbags
cheap beats by dre
ray bans
air force pas cher
gucci bags
burberry outlet
ray ban sunglasses
abercrombie and fitch
michael kors
ray ban outlet
air max uk
replica watches rolex
nike pas cher
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors bags
soccer shoes for sale
soccer outlet
true religion jeans
gucci outlet
burberry outlet online

 
At 11 July, 2017 01:12, Blogger happy 123 said...

curry 3
nike air huarache
chrome hearts online
adidas neo
ultra boost
kyrie shoes
true religion outlet
adidas nmd
prada glasses
lebron shoes
20170711

 

Post a Comment

<< Home