Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Sunday, June 06, 2010

And as for Eurovision...

I was performing a concert of Nielsen and Sibelius while the 2010 final was on, but recorded it, as indeed I did both semifinals. While I know the results, I've so far only watched the first semifinal in full.

I must say I don't think the German entry deserved to win, nor do I think the UK deserved to come last. Funnily enough the entry from Belarus did nearly as badly as we did and I really liked that:




I enjoyed Moldova's entry as well. In the semifinal they still had the fluorescent violin though they seem to have lost that for the final. Ah weel....



Albania's entry was fun:



While Slovakia's Kristina (who sadly didn't make the final) had a reasonably nice song and is possibly the most beautiful woman to grace the competition since Nicole, who won it for Germany 28 years ago: