Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, May 28, 2010

Miscellaneous weirdness

Belfast policeman defuses trouble by playing "ice-cream van" music

I can't understand what all the fuss is about. It worked, nobody got hurt, the police car didn't have all its windows smashed. What's the problem? OK, I find ice-cream vans pretty irritating, but maybe my personal style - which would involve The Ride Of The Valkyries (I love the smell of raspberry ripple in the morning) would have been less effective.

I don't mind bureaucrats with no sense of humour, but when that affects how well they do their job I mind rather a lot.


Awwwww.

Just awwwwww.


"My mother gave me a breast fixation"..."If I gave her the wool would she give me me one too?"

My wife once had a book of patterns which included a knitted pint of Guinness. This sounds more fun though.


You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!


So much for the Pied Piper of Hamelin then

1 Comments:

At 28 May, 2010 18:40, Blogger Persephone said...

As someone who believes that ice cream is the solution for pretty much everything (I think we should apply it to global warming), I am bewildered by the official reaction to this. "Inappropriate"? Did the officer use racial slurs? Sexual innuendo? Geez...

Word Verification is "chifix" which is the actual term for the remedial use of ice cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home