Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Booze, cigars, and nostalgia

Thinking of comedic blasts from the past (as in Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Uncle Jimmy) put me in mind of these classic Cinzano ads directed by Alan Parker and starring Joan Collins and the late, great, Leonard Rossiter. The airline one seems to be doing the rounds again right now.









And if we're talking about funny old ads, the Hamlet ones not only became classics but took on a life beyond the commercial itself: Brits of my generation still start humming the Bach and miming cigar-smoking when something disastrous happens. Here you go:











And a few of the best ones not in that anthology:




My personal all-time favourite (I think the potato does it for me....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home