Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Video Fun - the National Treasures that are Richard & Linda Thompson

Some videos of Richard and Linda Thompson, separately and together. First, the pair of them doing a song which I loved the instant I heard it (which was when this TV programme went out). It was some years before I found that out of all the songs they did together this was one of only two written by Linda and not Richard. (Brownie points if you get the other one - I expect Phil will.....)



To my mind each of their five joint albums contains at least one really brilliant song. This next one is from "Hokey Pokey":



....while this one was the stand-out track on "Pour Down Like Silver", but here is done by Linda without Richard:



Now we have possibly my favourite RT song ever, which is also his most requested in concerts:



And finally another of Linda's songs. Couldn;t find a clip of her version but here are Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris, who had a hit with it: