Eine Kleine Nichtmusik

Witty and pertinent observations on matters of great significance OR Incoherent jottings on total irrelevancies OR Something else altogether OR All of the above

Friday, April 09, 2010

No more pounding the beat, no more beating the suspects

Good news - but see this:

"The court heard Hanvey had a previous conviction in 1999 for assaulting a man, in similar circumstances, who was in detention at Bootle Street police station in Manchester."

So why was he still employed as a policeman? Beating up suspects is after all something of a big no-no for the police, or so we are led to believe. If I were to be convicted of assaulting one of our customers I would not expect to find my job waiting for me on my return from jail. Why do Greater Manchester Police have lower standards than a bank?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home